Latest Sports News
- QUIZ: Can you name these legendary players never to win the FIFA World Cup?
- West Ham United interested in former Cheltenham Town midfielder
- World Cup 2018: Is this Lionel Messi’s last chance to win with Argentina?
- Gloucester Rugby in pole position for Champions Cup qualification
- Cheltenham Town’s Will Boyle set to sign new deal despite transfer rumours
Ireland and Leinster flanker Josh Van der Flier started in France on Saturday, but the back-rower has now been ruled out for the rest of the season.
Embed from Getty Images
The IRFU have confirmed that Van der Lier suffered a serious knee ligament injury in Paris, and will now miss the rest of Ireland’s Six Nations campaign.
Jack O’Donoghue and Dave Kilcoyne of Munster and Barry Daly of Leinster have been called into the Irish squad to train this week.